Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #18991 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Not really. The only reason Yang has any chance at all is because Trump became President. He's been a good shakeup to the status quo, especially after two prior elections where China attempted to interfere and nobody seemed to care.
^ That's a relief - I though for a minute I'd lost the one person who is willing to respond to my political rants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Working 70 hours a week in a sweltering kitchen isn’t any better than Ivan Denisovich had it.
^ 70 hours a week is brutal, though I think I'd rather be in a hot kitchen than in Siberia. If I remember right, a typical workbreak for Ivan D was a mug of boiling water which he drank while squatting on a bit of permafrost that the authorities had designated as a building site. I may not've worked construction in Siberia, but I have waited, in mid-winter, at windswept London bus-stops for over half-an-hour at a time, so I can imagine how Ivan D must've felt.