Music Banter - View Single Post - Modern Rock In Just Nine Songs
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Well, it's nice to see some more members adding something to this thread. Is it just happenstance or is it because Pixies are a band that generate more response? Looks like the latter to me: popular bands get overplayed or over-rated and then comes a resentful backlash....
For the most part none of that. I don't know how popular Pixies were. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't heard so much of them on radio or wherever else (like at the shopping mall) to say they were overplayed.

If certain fans want to laud their bands like they're rooting for their football team than that is their prerogative. If I poke a little fun at that don't peg me as being "resentful."
(Your mockery of Pixies is so resentful.)

If a band gets over-rated then the over-raters are oblivious fans fanatical about their favorite bands obliviously. It's possible for people to disagrees with the over-rating without it coming down to "backlashing."

If I picked seven bands and seven songs, and they weren't to your liking, I wouldn't consider it backlashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Did you mean to write:

One could create an equally convincing argument that The Pixies borrowed from the Minutemen and bands from the same era just like some argue that Kurt took from the Pixies.

?
No. It was to do with who is doing the influencing on bands e.g. like Nirvana: Pixies or other Post-Punk, and Hardcore bands. If you're under the belief that Pixies was an all influencing band, then fine that is your opinion. Just don't dismiss that there were other bands before them that could have been also influential.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote