Music Banter - View Single Post - What pleb music did a pleb rec you once he found out you were a music nerd?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Being a Tool lover or Tool hater are two different brands of opinion that don't cover the whole spectrum. The former is based on an ignorance of virtually any other music, which makes Tool's music stand out as the most inventive and brilliant thing ever. The latter is based on a rejection of that basic bitch fanbase as opposed to the mediocre music.
But, like, this explanation is ironic because it fails to acknowledge that opinions exist for a variety of reasons that aren't the ones you boxed them in with. Boxing people in with stereotypes over their opinions is fairly plebeian, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
I wasn't the original but at no point in my life have I ever gotten why people even tolerate them. They don't have immediacy but they're also not interesting, they're just... there.

Currently listening to Undertow and I guess I can see where plebes who literally can not and will never be able to listen to anything truly off the wall would find this mindblowing but just imagining that is like trying to put myself in the mind of a typical Trump voter.
I've honestly never really listened to Tool. I don't really have an opinion because nothing has really grabbed my attention outside of the fact that they are one of the most well loved bands out there. But I'd guess the reason that people see them that way is because they found a well balance between being poppy and inventive.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote