Music Banter - View Single Post - What pleb music did a pleb rec you once he found out you were a music nerd?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I'm usually the one giving the recs as most of my friends have stagnated their tastes to the same ****, or some **** that reminds them of what they've been listening to since high school.
^ Yes, this has happened to me too, so much so that my friends don't really care for my recs anymore. That's why I really value the discussions on MB. Thanks to everyone for keeping music alive.
__________________________________________________ ______________
If I mention to students that I'm interested in music, they will often mention Queen as one of their favourite bands. TBH, there are times when I tire of feigning enthusiasm for their choice of band or for their deep knowledge of the international rock music scene.

In 27 years, I met just one student who had heard of Beefheart. In fact, he had a third-world low-fi pirate cassette of Bluejeans and Moonbeams, which was actually kind of depressing. He'd heard something of Beefheart's reputation, and but only had this meagre sample to go on. Such is the sadness that can occur if you come from before or beyond the internet.