Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #19386 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I mean Bill. Kosovo. I guess Kosovo is the new Forgotten War for America. It actually went well and didn't result in a quagmire and it was reacting to a very real genocide so the world didn't remember it as yet another imperialist chess move. I honestly don't even know if it was an imperialist chess move. I guess the 90s was the time when the US became "the world police" because we didn't stay in Iraq, Somalia seemed like a legit humanitarian conflict, and so did Kosovo. And with what happened after 9/11 to overshadow the 90s conflicts I don't think many people have publicly analyzed those conflicts to figure out how they were imperialist. I mean I clearly remember Kosovo and yet I remember nothing about it beyond the news coverage at the time so I can't even comment on what might have been going on behind the scenes, unlike so much of what happened in the 2000's.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 06-21-2019 at 12:50 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote