Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #737 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Underworld MK1 - The Sire B-Sides

Another Underworld classic has arrived at Innerspace Labs! "Glory! Glory!" is a single from the Mk1 era before they changed their sound and released their epic Dubnobasswithmyheadman LP.

Their singles from this period were released between 1988 and 1989, and the Sire label singles featuring b-sides not found anywhere else in their catalog were issued exclusively in Germany and Australia.

I've researched all 53 variations of these single, compiled a list of all edits and b-sides and have been collecting them for years.

The Sire Singles b-sides include the following:

Glory Glory (7 pressings)
  • Shokk The Doctor
  • Glory! Glory! (Live - Full Length Version) - same as "Glory! Glory! (Live)"

Underneath the Radar (17 pressings)
  • Big Red X
  • Underneath the Radar (Edit)
  • Underneath The Radar (Instrumental Version)
  • Underneath The Radar (12" Remix)
  • Underneath The Radar (7" Remix) - 4:43 and exclusive to the Sire ‎– PRO-CD-2942 US CD Promo Single
  • Underneath The Radar (Dub)
  • Underneath The Radar (8:00 Remix) - same as 12" remix
  • Underneath The Radar (6:00 Dub) - same as "(Dub)"
  • Underneath The Radar (Edit From Shep Petitibone Remix) - 4:40 and exclusive to the Sire ‎– 927 937-7 European 7" single manufactured in Germany - NOTE: This version has the same runtime as the track listed on Sire ‎– PRO-CD-2942 called 7" Remix issued as a promo CD in the US and the Discogs entry lists it as being "Edited By – Shep Pettibone." They are very likely the same track.

Show Some Emotion (7 pressings)
  • Show Some Emotion (Remix)
  • Shokk The Doctor - also featured on some of the "Glory! Glory!" singles

Stand Up (14 pressings)
  • Stand Up (Extended Dance Mix)
  • Stand Up (Edit)
  • Stand Up (Ya House Mix)
  • Stand Up...(And Dance)
  • Outskirts

Thrash (3 pressings)
  • Thrash (Dance Pass)
  • Thrash (Extasy Pass)

Additionally, "Change the Weather" (3 pressings), "I Need a Doctor" (1 pressing), and "Pray" (1 pressing) were also issued as singles but only contained standard A-sides from the two full-length LPs released during the Mk1 era, Underneath the Radar (1988) and Change the Weather (1989).

Of these 53 releases I am missing four tracks -
  • Underneath the Radar (Edit) - 3:59
  • Underneath The Radar (7" Remix) aka (Edit From Shep Pettibone Remix) - 4:43
  • Thrash (Dance Pass)* - 6:25
  • Thrash (Extasy Pass) - 5:46

I am actively working on completing the set.

I want to give some praise to Post Punk Monk who has engaged in a similar endeavor with Underworld's even earlier work as Freur. His (or her) REVO Remastering: Freur/Underworld [Mk I] – Stainless Steel Tears [REVO 036] self-produced remaster compilation is exactly the sort of work I'm tackling.*

At the present moment my Underworld collection presently comprises 62 physical releases and artifacts, memorabilia, subway posters, books, prints, magazine articles, DVDs, VHS tapes, etc, as well as 589 digital albums, EPs, mixes, concerts, and other materials. With new material being released every week, they're showing no sign of slowing down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote