Music Banter - View Single Post - Have any of you heard of clutch?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #118 (permalink)
youdoofus
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Lucky. I've seen them 0 times. It also seems that we're on opposite sides of the coin when it comes to preferred albums but I also think that's one of the big reasons that they're a great band. It might just be due to how and when I got around to listening to specific discs. I owned Psychic Warfare for a long time but actually listened to Book of Bad Decisions first. CD-rom was busted and couldn't rip to my iPod for the longest time hahaha

Either way regardless of what album anyone prefers I think we can all agree Clutch is awesome.

And their double live in Flint, Michigan is quite possibly the greatest live album I've ever heard.
Clutch is incredible. First band i went and saw on my own without any influence from my friends. You know the "hey, so and so is gonna be in town, like 9 of us are going!!" and in your mind, you say "well, i guess i have nothing else going on that night and maybe they put on a good show, so why not?" I also saw their MTV world premier video the night it was played for the very first time. Transitional speedway was their only album they had out at the time and the self titled was just about to drop. PRF gave me a good attitude on their freshman effort and seemed solid for the time, and seems to have held up pretty well. Skip several years ahead and Beale St was announced and i was working at a guitar center where a coworker got his hands on an early issue that is mixed differently than the final cut and my mind was completely blown. By this time i had seen them around 10 times and was a tried and true fan, but Beale St is amazeballs. Earth Rocker came out and i was disappointed. Not to say that its a bad album (this is Clutch we are talking about afterall), but it just wasnt my taste. Psychic Warfare came out and i was again amazed! I was even fortunate enough to be able to blast that album whilst driving around in Romania for a total of 6 weeks over 2 different trips, which really helped to let the album cure like epoxy in my mind. Book of bad decisions has a few excellent tracks on it, but it felt a bit slap-dash produced despite them having completely secluding themselves in the woods for the recording process. I anxiously await the release of their next album to see what the boys have in store for us next.
youdoofus is offline   Reply With Quote