Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #4212 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Heaving by Trouble Salad

Chaperone
The bass lines carry this tune into it's elements of noise and quirk, and leaves me with a sense of spatial openness. The sampled voices are like little oasis's along the journey.

Green Heaving
A bit on the schizophrenic side, but there's an underlying theme here which reveals a low key upbeat kind of techno funkiness. Constantly re-morphing itself into an identity that won't fully take it's shape with off-beat back rhythms that gel into a final plunge into silence.

Speaks In Drizzles
Like walking through a tropical forrest while carrying a CRT television on my back with random stations coming through, but they all have the same show playing. Then... holy... **** yeah! At 5:00 the beat rips through, tearing and bouncing off the sides of my skull. The transition to low undertoned repetition and release is a comforting change as it melts into the next tune...

The Obligatory Silence of Elevators
I ****ing love sequencers. Crossing beats like the Ghost Busters cross streams. (ok that was a little corny) I want to follow the voice, yet I can't seam to find where it's coming from. From the surreal to the funk/house landscape of fast tempo'ed layering takes this one home.

Drastic Heave
Exactly as advertised. Overdriven and muddy, this one takes on a techno vibe right off, then gets mercurial. What could be heard as audio clipping becomes the standard as it pushes and pulls with a sort of breathing quality to it.

Lock Down Groove
A spring board into a low key groove starts this one off. Multiple personalities shape this one as it continues to reinvent itself with strong bass lines and an idiosyncratic type writer taking the lead. Electro-chirps and heavy keys take it home.

Teeth Mishap
Beats and groove are the theme here right off. The off-beat fills/accents give warning to whats to come, then you turn the corner and smack your face right into a wall of empty space, which leaves me floating until Skrillex comes piercing through. This leads to an industrial complex where someone tries to make sense of the face that smacked into nothingness. A sense of apprehension keeps the pace until the funk shows up, then dissolves.

Fling Ready: Leave the Heave
Richly saturated layers wash over the mind until the core of this behemoth is revealed in it's funk based tempo of unidentifiability. Struggling to keep itself upright, the protagonistic identity swaggers off into the night air, leaving the listener with a sense of having witnessed something on a grand scale of the unknown.

Final thoughts:
Mondo does an incredible job of engaging the listener and keeping the tension of whats to come around the corner a surprise. I've only given his stuff once-over listens, but I can see myself finding new thoughts and visions with multiple listens to not only this release but the others I've heard as well. Always quality, and always intriguing.