Music Banter - View Single Post - Be without you(parody)
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

I heard this song on the radio on friday, which left me even more confused about the 'parody' nature of it. You have (like you already said, I think) just changed a few lines so that it changes the mood from being obsessed with 'your baby' to being over them. I can't say that what you did to the song originally works particularly well (now that I googled it and compared the lyrics) - you don't get into the theme change enough to make it really effective, the change is pretty superficial where it could have been much more extensive. If you're keeping the original melody you can change most of the lyric content, particularly if the lengths of the phrases and the rhyme sounds remain similar so that the overall sound is the same but the message changes.

To everybody else here, the lyrics you read are essentially the lyrics to a Mary J Blige song. Crazy Luv changed it to make it a parody, but didn't actually change much at all. I've heard it (vibe FM... but the R'n'B channels soon disappeared when I got to the south-west!) and it was great, so I stand by the original statement about simple lyrics, which fit a song well, being better than convoluted poems that kill the music.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote