Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #19618 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I didn't just tell you to get out cause you hate America. I was asking why, if things like punching a clock are so unbearable to you, you don't maybe consider some available alternatives. It's not meant to be original or clever. It's just a basic question you dodge carrier your political beliefs are probably more of a fashion statement than anything else.
For me? It's ****ing hard. Just falling into a job and normal **** sucks but it's super easy because that is a "service" provided to me that I don't have to expend all that much effort to "achieve". I just have to apply for a job (which is a pretty miserable and mentally exhausting thing for me to do tbh) and then go to that job until they fire me. Alternatives are not provided for and I would have to go well out of my way to achieve them and there is absolutely no guarantee those alternatives won't at best fail or be straight up stomped out by society as it tries to leave me with only the "alternative" to fall in line. The entire reason I want an alternative is because I am easily wearied and introverted and want nothing to do with all of this rat race ****. To escape it I essentially must perform rate race squared and have faith that the alternatives are even viable. I am at war with society just to not be a member of it and society will expend whatever energy it needs to wear me down to the point that I just accept a job and stop trying.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote