Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #19626 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
That's the entirety of the human ****ing race. I'm not trying to pick on you but you work **** jobs and have been a drug addict who accomplished nothing over your life, right (more or less the same for me just to be fair)? This idea that you do something fulfilling with your life by striving and fighting isn't a useful idea whereby to drive the moral trajectory of humanity and you of all people are not fit to decide that this should be.

Again, I'm not trying to pick on you but I've known many people like you in this mindset and I think it's more about the potential (generally masculine) ego you'd gain if you actually do manage to succeed in the current system than it is any workable potential system that functions in the real world. At the end of the day it's just a means for the already powerful to convince the weak to buy a lottery ticket and hope they win.
Yes well I was in part speaking from experience. Cause I've had the same tendency to fall into complacency.

You can say I've accomplished nothing so my opinion is meaningless. All I know is that I was living on the street a year or two ago and now I'm not. I was addicted to drugs and now I'm not. I stopped being complacent with certain aspects of my life and started making incremental improvements.

Am I all good to go now? Nah, lol. I owe the state thousands. Truth be told, I don't even know there's not a warrant for my arrest in certain counties. You think you're telling me something when you say **** gets overwhelming? Please.

Bottom line is I feel better now that I've started to move in the right direction. I stayed complacent for years, letting my life spiral out of control.

Tldr if you don't have any goals then you have nothing to live for.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote