Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #751 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Professor Cory Doctorow - Essential Texts on Free Culture

Cory Doctorow is a science fiction author, activist, journalist, and blogger, as well as the co-editor of Boing Boing, and a contributing writer to Wire. He worked for the Electronic Frontier Foundation and helped establish the Open Rights Group. Doctorow was also the keynote speaker at the July 2016 Hackers on Planet Earth conference.

He is the originator of Doctorow's Law: "Anytime someone puts a lock on something you own, against your wishes, and doesn't give you the key, they're not doing it for your benefit."

Common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and the digital economy.

I've read and re-read his articles numerous times after downloading his DRM-free ebooks from his Craphound dot com website, and decided these were essential titles for my physical library so I've purchased printed copies and am enjoying reading them all over again.

Here are Content, Context, and Information Doesn’t Want To Be Free. Highly recommend as an insightful, brilliant, and funny collection of his infamous articles, essays, and polemics on the state of copyright and creative success for content creators in the digital age.

These are essential works on Free Culture, Open Source, Creative Commons, Free Software Foundation, Copyleft, and the post-scarcity economics. I’d greatly welcome recommendations for other related films and literature for my library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote