Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #3671 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
i feel like you turned that on me as a defense mechanism

I have only been responding to points as they've been raised. The fact is that as usual you have no response to my actual points so instead you seek to discredit me and poison the well.
Your point seems to amount to a different version of what I've seen all over the internet from people of varying degrees of toxicity. You don't really believe in trans people being the gender they identify as even if there's clearly something going on, what even is gender?, and non-binary people are chasing a trend. I mean what exactly is worth refuting? Neither of us have a smoking gun scientific study proving or disproving anything and to some extent we're either taking or not taking someone's word about something that's abstract to a point that even trying to articulate it is like grasping at water. There are psychologists and writers who try to shed light on gender but at the end of the day we're still taking someone's word that they're not just crazy or faking.

Personally I think that most supposedly trans people aren't going around actively making themselves targets of bigotry just to feel special, I don't know trans people IRL to be able to give any legitimate opinion on their sanity, and if some people are just "kinda" non-binary and maybe look like they're trying for attention and you're mainly seeing them on Youtube or Tumblr or some other site that attracts people seeking attention then that's not necessarily a hill worth taking if it's addressing a non-issue and spreading cynicism towards "real" trans people in the process.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote