Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #548 (permalink)
RL Clown
Music Addict

The issue is this: human beings are always going to want more and more. Human beings are always going to want better technology year after year... This is definitely the founding base of capitalism. This explains why cars keep on getting more and more high-tech and this explains why cell phones keep on advancing... But there is always a constant battle between technology and nature... All of these advancements come at the price of the planet. The more human beings take, the more they pollute,,, From an economic and marketing standpoint, everything looks very logical and everything looks good... Capitalism = Consumption = Productivity = Ownership = Increase in Revenue = Profit. But from an ecological/biological/natural standpoint, human beings are releasing so much sh*t into the environment. Now, I'm Mr. Sunshine (I try to look at things from an optimistic point of view...) I keep on telling myself that things will improve in the long run. But are things really improving?? The storms are becoming more and more extreme. Year after year, some places are becoming hotter and hotter and some places are becoming colder and colder. On the media, I've seen significant increases in tidal waves. If my math is wrong, please correct my math but I've heard that over the course of only five years, the average temperature of this planet has increased by 30 F... Now, I know what you're thinking... "30 F isn't much." 30 F isn't much but over the course of the years, with the smog effect and with the greenhouse gas effect, an increase by 30 F can be very, very DANGEROUS for this planet! This planet is in danger with several red flags! The big question is this: How do we make everyone happy? There's always a constant battle between economy and ecology... How do we continue to advance in technology and, at the same time, satisfy the demands of Mother Nature? I know what you're thinking... Reduce, reuse, recycle, But that's just not good enough... I think that at this point, Earth has been damaged beyond recovery... I don't have the answers... I'm a very philosophical type of guy but even I don't have the answers. Finally there's one important thing to note: The battle between nature and technology is kinda like the battle between good and evil. There will always be good in this world but there will always be evil in this world. too.

P.S.: Interestingly enough, nature can exist without technology. But technology cannot exist without nature. But if technology did not exist, then I would have to say good bye to my precious video games.
RL Clown is offline   Reply With Quote