Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 09:57 PM   #23017 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
And this to me is the coolest slasher kill. It's low key as ****, but the dude gets lifted off of his feet, stabbed and planted into the wall, and then Michael Myers just kind of looks at his handiwork. That tilt of the head is everything that all the movies trying to be Halloween didn't have. It's not about the death. It's about the killer caring about the death. That is what elevates the scene from horror movie kill to just being kinda ****ing wrong.

There's a reason why it's a classic while I don't think Jason ever had a true classic. I don't think there's many Friday films I actually enjoy outside of Jason Takes Manhattan for the silliness of it. I liked the first and third Freddy films and I think New Nightmare was a pretty cool take too but the rest were mostly trash. I liked Freddy Vs Jason contrary to how hated that movie seems to be. Candyman is may all time favorite though. There's just a rawness to it that you don't really get from most slasher films which end up becoming really cartoon with their kills.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote