Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #554 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL Clown View Post
I agree with all of your points except the one about Donald Trump... People should not point the finger at Mr. Trump. If I'm not mistaken, Donald Trump mentioned something about clean coal.
^ Sorry, RL Clown, but I have to disagree with your disagreement. I hope that doesn't mean we are arguing

Trump has famously pulled the US out of the Paris Agreement, an international agreement to protect air quality. He has also repeatedly declared global warming to be a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese. More specifically, here are 15 Trump-era policy decisions that are either rolling back protections put in place by Obama, or are actively speeding up the degradation of the environment:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...d-environment/

Perhaps Trump has mentioned "clean coal", but afaik nothing has been done to turn that concept into a reality. Coal is carbon in rock form; dirty to the touch, environmentally damaging to extract and afaik all methods to convert it into energy release huge quants of carbon into the atmosphere. In fact the very term "clean coal" is about as meaningless as the term "dry water."

TBH, I can't see how anyone who is intellectually honest and concerned about the environment can defend the Trump admin's position on environmental issues. So Yes, I do point a finger, though I might stop short at OH's suggestion, preferring a democratically arrived at solution over political assasination - but hey, that's just me.