Music Banter - View Single Post - Marie’s ARC Pick: Sleater-Kinney: The Centre Won’t Hold
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I don't care about politics in music. However music and politics do have one thing in common they are both forms of escapism. I really don't know, don't care too much about Grrrl Riot. I guess I overlooked most Grrrl Riot bands. I am not one to explore a sub-genre for the sake of it. However I do have an interest in all female indie bands. There are a few groups in the 90s. either all girl bands or female fronted bands that I liked e.g. Babes in Toyland or The Muffs (respectively).

My six degrees of separation from Grrrl Riot: I quickly scan what bands were part of that scene, and was surprised to see Jack off Jill listed as one (not that I know much about them, but I like their singer). The vocals/lyricist from JoJ was Jessicka and she later went to front Scarling.. I really don't know how Riot Grrrl JoJ were, I've seen other places where JoJ are considered as a "Riot Goth-Girl" group. Scarling. have their sound described as both Noise and Goth.

Scarling. - Crispin Glover

I've read where St. Vincent produced The Centre Won’t Hold. So that piques my curiosity. So far I don't like the vocals. The music's OK. I got to find time to give it a proper listen.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote