Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #938 (permalink)
Key

No Curfew Kids - ~vines~

Been missin' ya Tristan so it's nice to see that you've been working on some new ****. And god damn it's awesome. From the beginning of the first track I was already hooked. I've always really really liked your music from the start and I've always respected you as a musician, but this album certainly showcases growth in a strong way. Every track is awesome. Especially considering not every track sounds the same. Apex would probably be the standout track for me though since right off the bat, it incorporates that noisy atmosphere that I absolutely love playing with in my own music. Definitely done really well here, and certainly better than a lot of my stuff. Just love the whole atmosphere of the track in general, but the additional noise is really nice.

Industrial4 certainly seems more like a filler track but I really like it regardless of its intent. It's wild, it's crazy, and most certainly, it's awesome. Really nice contrast from the previous tracks. Under The Porch then goes back into that deeper atmosphere that starts off really nice with some cool synth and overall beatage in the background. This track continues to get better and better. Only thing is I wish it was a little bit longer. This is such a neat style. I may try to incorporate it in some of my music in the future.

We then end with Behind the Garage Door which is again a huge contrast to what the rest of the album was bringing, and that's not a bad thing. This track starts off with a relatively simple electronic chord but then goes into something that honestly gradually gets better. The continuous electronic chord in the background suits this song pretty nicely. Has a pretty depressing feel to it while not diving too far into that mindset. Really nice.

Overall, I really like this a lot. I wish some of the tracks were a bit longer but then again, I've made albums where collectively it comes out to less than 5 minutes so I totally get it. Otherwise a pretty fantastic album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote