Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

I said this same **** to my friend. 2Pac is corny because he's a product of his time that didn't age well. It's mostly because of the flow. However having his dick sucked as if he's the greatest of all time didn't help his music from becoming corny.

ICP are also corny but they own it. To call them trash or unlistenable is just the trendy hip hop opinion people jump on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
But he can actually rap. He has respect for the art form and as such he is respected by other rappers.
If you don't think ICP has respect for hip hop you really don't know **** about ICP. If you think they don't have respect in hip hop you're living in the past. Interviewers are calling them hip hop legends now.

Plus, if you like Eminem then you have to respect the influence they and Esham had on his style change between Infinite and the Slim Shady EP. The whole Slim Shady gimmick was inspired by Detroit hip hop. Hell, the whole idea of Bonnie & Clyde (and Kim) was inspired by Twiztid's Murder Murder Murder because he heard it back when it was a House of Krazees song.

To echo Batlord, their story telling is their pinnacle. I'd say it's on par with Slick Rick.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote