Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #583 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Today, Friday, has seen an extraordinary turn out of climate change protesters demonstrating around the world. Let's hope the enthusiasm and good intentions have some effect. Meanwhile here are some nice pics and snappy slogans to record the event(s):-

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-49767747

And yes, Jakarta, New Orleans and Florida are all at high risk of catastrophic flooding; at first periodically, then regularly, then continuously and then permanently.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

How heavy is water? "A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter" if those measurements mean anything to anyone. And although I'm hazy on the physics of it, it's the density of water that makes even a small change in the average ocean temp so significant. Apparently, it takes about 40 times more energy to heat water than it does to heat air. Even increases in ocean temps that are measured in fractions of a degree imply vast quants of heat energy locked into the oceans. That doesn't sound good to me.