Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #128 (permalink)
Key

I try not to assume a game is going to go either way upon release. I like to have my own personal experience and judge the game based on my own expectations. Jedi Fallen Order is one of those games where I feel like the personal experience will be far more important when judging the game.

I mean, I get it. Jedi Fallen Order isn't the most anticipated release of the year because of EA, but Respawn is a part of it, so it's one of those situations where it could go really really well and people love it, or EA screws it up so bad that it's impossible to help. It could be a Star Wars Battlefront II situation again. I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I'm hoping for a great game, mostly because I try to give Star Wars games at least one shot before judging it. Of course the exception is the previously mentioned Star Wars Battlefront II. I just didn't bother. It was plagued from the start. However, Jedi Fallen Order is going to be a single player adventure, and I'm super excited. I've got great memories with the single player Star Wars games, especially the KOTOR series and Force Unleashed of course.

It's also fair to be optimistic given that EA and Respawn have both ensured the fans that it's going to be the game that people want. Hell, when they released the full demo gameplay, I got immediately excited. Especially considering the state that the game was in was literally the demo. Changes will obviously be made but I think it's only going to be for the better. A huge part of me is telling myself that I'm going to really like it. Maybe not love love it, but probably come very close. We'll see.

But, I did decide to get the preorder for this one, because well...Respawn is great. And I want to support them. Things could change with EA in my view if they let this game be the game it should be. Which they have ensured time and time again that it will be the game that we want. It's really just a test to see if Respawn and EA can work well together to make a great game. All possibilities seem to go more towards the positive. But that's the reason for being cautiously optimistic. We just don't know until the game comes out.

For the time being, I'll be playing a **** ton of Borderlands 3 and Diablo 3 until Jedi Fallen Order comes out.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote