Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #1004 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Was it JWB who I mentioned trauma bonding to and he acted like I was making it up? In your face, bitch! Yeah I had a friend like that once. We'd just get drunk and bitch about all the **** in our lives that sucked and everything that had happened to us over the years and it made us pretty tight friends in like one night and we hung out for a year after that. By the end of it I realized we didn't click on a personality level, we didn't really have anything in common, and so we just kinda ended up hating each other. It took us forever to realize we weren't friends anymore too, cause I guess we felt like we'd found someone who understood us and we didn't have too many other friends. Just clung to getting drunk and slowly becoming more and more passive aggressive.
I didn't say you were making it up... Just that I didn't think it described my limited interaction with the group therapy shrink I was forced to see while at the shelter

But your description of trauma bonding sounds a lot like most of the posts in this thread tbh
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote