Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #312 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ That's a really interesting post, Plankton. Especially useful were photos 1 and 2, which show before and after shots of the dam. Are they from opposite directions, though? The new highway is downstream of the dam, right? I don't think the new bridge is standing where the lake water was, or is it?

Either way, Dellwood park looks like a great place to visit: once conventionally attractive and now beautiful in a slightly sad way, I imagine.

I also like pic #8 of the boating lake. I'd love to meet that lady in the white hat, sitting up so straight in her boat.
Pic 1 is looking NE and Pics 2 & 3 are looking SW and NW respectively. Yes, that new steel/wood bridge is right where the lake used to be. Here's a real view of the same area, looking west. The woman with the hat would be on the other side of the concrete arch bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
Plankton wow those before and after pictures of the dam are cool and sad at the same time
Lots of vandals and riff-raff have left their mark over time. Once the Disc Golf park went in, the area changed drastically for the better though. There's a strong community of people dedicated to the sport that will go to great lengths to keep it safe and fun for everyone.

Last edited by Plankton; 12-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote