Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #69523 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah I probably should but I'm not immune to the biological clock thing. I regularly think about having kids. I love to think about having a kid who I can teach to read by reading them The Hobbit over months by doing fun voices, then following up with the LOTR trilogy and just making it a great bonding experience like I had with my mom reading to me. But I also recognize that this is simply biology working against me because I know that I would not be an emotionally available parent who would be immune to the abuse my family had performed on me, and so I treat these desires as simply an urge like any other to be entertained but not acted upon if they weren't in anyone's best interest.

And it bothers me that someone who I thought was on the same wavelength was in fact deluded about their thoughts and might now be prey to the most base of breeder instincts for no other reason than arrogance and stupidity.
it sorta sounds like you are repressing your actual desires and as such are lashing out at someone who you thought confirmed your self narrative but is now saying something you don't agree with.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote