Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Energetic and impactful Punk song.
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
MidnightRambler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
What do you mean by production value? My technical music knowledge is terrible (not that my general music knowledge is much to speak of compared to the bunch of living encyclopedias here). Technically badly produced albums like the Stooges' Raw Power, or ugly production/bad taste? I suppose those two overlap.
I'm attracted to much of the ideas that Bikini Kill stands for, but strictly speaking I don't entirely agree with them because I think their feminism lacks nuance. But then again, politics in punk pretty much always lacks nuance, that's part of the fun of it, so I suppose taking them too literally is unfair. Also from another point of view I like their lack of nuance and their aggression, because it goes against what well behaved women were supposed to do. But yeah basically I don't care about the politics, I just want to hear Kathleen Hanna **** **** up
And I will check out Fire Party!
It's difficult to put into words what I mean, but I like the production on the disc itself to be clean enough for me to be able to hear the different channels and instruments being used, that's as good as I'm likely going to be able to explain it.

I own an original of Raw Power and while it does sound somewhat dirty, I can still make out the different instruments because I'm listening for them, What I don't like is when everything seems like it was recorded on the same channel but at all different volumes.

Its difficult to explain without being able to show a clear example of it, but I am court ordered not to be on YouTube, so I can't show an example of what I mean.