Music Banter - View Single Post - Books By Famous Musicians
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I forget where I heard this, but Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) allegedly worked on two novels throughout his life that he never finished. I feel like Hey Garland I Dig Your Tweed Coat is an excerpt from one of these unreleased novels because even though his lyrics are always top notch, the imagery in that one is viscerally vivid in a more prose-y way for Beefheart.

Similarly, billy woods has the lyric "Too scared to write the book, took it, put it in the hook of a song. No one listened to it, looks like I wasn't wrong" and hopefully he comes through with something because he's definitely got the mind to write a real classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I guess I'll forever be a dillitante about music because Violent J's book sounds so much more interesting than Harry Partch's.
lol even as someone who's pretty interested in what Partch was writing about, the Violent J book does sound a lot more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Miles’ autobiography really wild
I've heard the same from a lot of people. It's in my reading queue and I have pretty high expectations.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote