Music Banter - View Single Post - Books By Famous Musicians
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
It's been modernised since, but Foyles used to be a confusing labrynith covering 4 floors and a basement; you'd get lost trying to find the section you wanted, then get lost again trying to find your way out! Did you ever get a chance to go there, ribbons?
I've never been to Foyles, unfortunately; your description of its original labyrinthine layout reminds me of The Strand Bookstore in NYC.

And I've realized that I misspelled Foyles in my earlier post! We Yanks are much more liberal (greedy?) than the Brits in the placement of the possessive apostrophe in business and place names.

Good catch on Jim Morrison's "thievery" of Richard FariƱa's title, Been Down So Long It Looks Up To Me. You have piqued my interest in that book - I've heard about it for years but never managed to read it. Thanks for sharing that lovely song and video, as well. I've watched a few YouTube videos of Richard & Mimi appearing on Pete Seeger's show Rainbow Quest. I like Richard's dulcimer playing (almost an American-raga sound), and Mimi's vocals are so similar to sister Joan! Time to dig deeper into Richard & Mimi's music.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote