Music Banter - View Single Post - What The **** Are You Listening To?!: The Rap & Hip Hop Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #1713 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Eminem was actually an Esham biter. Being as how he used to try to sound like Nas until he got **** for it then adopted a crazy alter ego to match the theatrics of every other Detroit rapper at the time that was blowing up like Esham, ICP and House of Krazees. He's even been accused of taking the idea of Bonnie & Clyde from Murder Murder Murder.

And then there's Cage. The OG crazy white boy.
I'll take your word for it Lucem. I'm no Eminem expert, I always thought his delivery was similar to Chino's though. By the way, are you a fan of Chino? I've always considered him to underrated AF.

I've forgotten about Cage until your brought him up. I'm a big fan of 'Movies for the Blind'. I don't remember if he was similar to Eminem though as a rapper.

Unfortunately, I've never listened to Esham, though I'm familiar with the name. He's a horrorcore rapper, right? I'm a big Brotha Lynch Hung fan and have seen his name mentioned along with Brotha Lynch's in regards to horrorcore.

I never knew Eminem used to try to sound like Nas. Does he have any songs he's released that could be characterized by this mimicry of Nas?
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote