Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #8548 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Wouldn't voting for Biden make Trump suffer?
Nah, cause if he just doesn't get re-elected then he gets to start on this whiny, annoying, martyr narrative he'll Tweet about for years and he'll have this whole subsection of losers who'll keep it alive and my family will be among them and bleh. I want his presidency officially tarnished by removal. Then hopefully he gets put behind bars. Best case scenario he isn't even impeached, just dragged out of the White House or a limo by an angry mob and lynched so that his last moments are of sheer terror. And hopefully it'll be filmed so everyone's last image of him will be losing that phony veil of projecting corny mob boss strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I'd never support Trump but you can't say that him being reelected and continuing his destruction of America wouldn't be some satisfying form of self inflicted poetic justice.

Like, look at these whiny anti-maskers then imagine them starving in the streets, being shredded by bullets in some kind of civil war or maybe being nuked or just any of the other horrendous things that could result in the many ways America could be destroyed by Trump.
It's hard to call it poetic justice since the people suffering are the people who were already suffering and all the people getting rich off that suffering are just getting richer. I mean poetic justice should entail the wrongdoers suffering an ironic fate. Not really what's happening.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote