Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #2082 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
Thanks so much! I had a blast rendering the vector logo and putting the wallpaper together.

My current PC has integrated graphics. I tried ordering a SFF single-slot low-profile graphics card with multiple DP inputs but I couldn't get the card to fit in the PCI slot.

The new tower I linked from NewEgg states the following for graphics...

In the Specs section under Graphics it lists:
GPU/VGA Type: Intel HD Graphics

and under Video Ports: 1x DVI, 2x DisplayPort

Does that imply that it has integrated graphics like my current tower?

And you mentioned that you believe this configuration can be put together pretty easily. As this one-off deal is the only one matching my criteria on NewEgg and from a third-party seller, where else would you advise I look for one down the road if I don't jump on this offer?

Tigerdirect had nothing, nor did the HP website, and I imagine it's quite a lot of digging manually searching through eBay listings as you can't customize your eBay search criteria for a PC as simply as one can on NewEgg. Where would you suggest I look?

I'm loving all your insight!
Yes, that's an integrated graphics setup.

After a little poking around it looks like the deal you have right now is a bit of a Unicorn of a find. I went to the Newegg PC build section and priced something out at just under $300 using the least expensive new components. I used Cybertron for my last build, but they're a bit pricey.