Music Banter - View Single Post - The Vinyl Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #361 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
We aren't participating in Record Store Day this year. To keep it short and sweet, f*ck Record Store Day. RSD is a company that exists now to make money and they're the only ones guaranteed to make money so I'm not feeding the machine. It used to be different. Used to be about actual record stores. Now it's about whatever neon colored reissue of an INXS album is being released in "low" quantities. I'm 100% second hand. I don't have a distributor. I buy from collectors and family members, give a fair price for what I sell things for 20%-50% depending on what it is, and price the record fairly but realistically.

We pulled 50k since we opened July 7th.

I don't need that stupid commercial bullsh*t.
Nice, my favourite local spot has taken the same route, the owner wears homemade "Fuck RSD" shirt for anyone who asks. Sounds like it attracts the worst customers too.

Quote:
That being said, we were very busy today due to it being our last day open until next week. We are closing for five days for vacation. Had a bunch of calls looking for Tyler the Creator records and whatnot. Politely told them we are not participating in it this year. Thing that sucks is I have to do this two more times this year since they broke it up over three days.
I'm hoping other places follow suit tbh.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote