Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 09:51 PM   #9699 (permalink)
rostasi

1. How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed your life for the better? How about for the worse?
For the better: being put in a situation of re-evaluation and analysis of everyday life that is easily taken for granted coupled with a certain amount of freedom to really devote to creative projects at longer stretches makes me happy and keeps me away from the constant doomscrolling that would probably arise if I weren’t so busy. The worst personal aspects are the ones dealing with the anxiety centered around the unknowns concerning the virus and the ways it’s not being handled.

2. To what degree do you use social media? If you do use it, do you consider a net positive to your life?
I’m not on any of the big ones. I’ve always liked specific subject forums since the 90s and the fact that I’m on this one is a bit of an anomaly. Creative sharing is important to me.

3. What is one problem you foresee being solved in the next 50 years?
I’m hoping that it’ll be Alzheimer's.
Also, I think it would be nice to see Alzheimer's eradicated.

4. You are forced to go into armed combat with an intelligent orangutan that knows jiu-jitsu - you can bring one weapon (or object) that is not a firearm - what do you bring?
A platina wedge-slicing durian launcher.

5. You're going to a party with all the cool kids - you want to show them how cool you are - what beverage do you bring to the party to share?
I’d never pretend that I’m “cool.”

6. Have you ever read a book that changed your life? If so, what book was it?
Before reading Frown’s answer, I immediately thought Cage‘s Silence as well.
I still have my first well-worn and personally addressed to me hardback copy of it that I still cherish.
Also, a book that I’ve used for nearly 50 years that has the same amount of gravitas for me that the I-Ching had for Cage is Shepherd's Glossary of Graphic Signs and Symbols.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote