Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #563 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
I believe that sexuality is determined by genetics and the environment (sociocultural factors).

I knew from a very young age that I was bisexual (even in kindergarten) - I just didn't know what to call it. My sexuality gradually formed to a "heterosexual" expression due to family and cultural expectations and conditioning.
Tbh genetics + environment determines literally everything lol. That's pretty broad.

I don't doubt some people are actually pretty much born gay or straight I just think there are also plenty of people in the middle who are mostly straight but through experimentation develop sexual proclivities that weren't there before. That's the category I feel I fall into.

I've always been attracted to girls since I was 5 years old and I did gay **** with my friends when I was young but there was nothing sexual about it at all. There was when I messed with girls though. It took me meeting someone who was actually gay but in the closet when I was like 14 to start experimenting sexually with gay **** and actually like it. Then about 2 years of denial before I realized I was bi.

But I think there's a difference between being bi cause you experimented your way into it vs being gay where you only like the same sex. I've heard theories like with hormones in there womb could cause homosexuality and that there's noticable differences between an average gay males brain vs a straight males brain.

But that still doesn't explain bisexuals. And also I've heard the same thing about trans... That trans women have brains that have features which more closely resemble cis women than cis men. But that's literally the game thing I heard about gay guys, yet they aren't trans women. And none of that explains the non binary types...

So I think there are inherited traits that make one more likely to skew gay or straight, trans or cis. But it's not black and white determinism imo. Experiences also shape your perception.

Like how you aren't born liking milfs or bbws or s&m... Your exposure to certain experiences shifts your sexual predilections while at the same time your inherent nature makes you more or less open to said experiences but then so does your social conditioning.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote