Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Thought - Streams of Thought Vol.3: Cane & Able
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Default Black Thought - Streams of Thought Vol.3: Cane & Able

Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 were great. I’m pumped that Portugal The Man is on the album twice, they are one of my favorite bands. Correction, Portugal The Man is on this album three times! The first single off this album was “Thought vs Everybody” and I added it to a Top 10 playlist of that month. The second single “Good Morning” Featuring other artists is good, but I just don’t vibe well to Swizz Beatz beats. The song with Schoolboy Q is great and has an amazing & powerful Dave Chappelle intro from Dave’s “8:46” stand up. The flows that Black Thought has on most of these songs are top level rapping. “Ghetto Boys and Girls- Fuel Interlude” is good and would have been great longer but the flow is extra amazing. Black Thought is a Philadelphia artist and a member of The Roots that is the in-house band for” The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on NBC. I first listened to him on Linkin Park’s song “X-Ecutioner Style” off their “Reanimation” album released back in 2002. The best song off this album is either “Fuel” featuring Portugal The Man or “Thought vs Everybody”. The album has a nice raw drum kit sound. “Bars is cryptocurrency, hypnotherapy, ****tin on everything, 5’9, 6’4 lyrically” from “Thought Vs Everybody” is nice that a rapper is rapping about cryptocurrency. There are a few other good albums released this year but this one is in the category for album of the year.

The 7 Song Album:
  • Good Morning
  • Quiet Trip
  • Thought vs Everybody
  • Steak Um
  • Fuel
  • Magnificent
  • State Prisoner

Last edited by Mindfulness; 10-31-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote