Music Banter - View Single Post - Explore America With The Official Small City/ Town Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #290 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

I've been poring over maps of election results today, and naturally this triggered my obsession with geography and exploring places on google street view. So I've been exploring America, going wherever my fancy takes me, and in the end I alighted on:
Sandgap, Kentucky
This is a tiny place in Jackson County, apparently in a pretty godforsaken part of Kentucky. The place looks rough indeed, although it does have an elementary school and a church which also functions as a youth centre. But whatever, this whole post is just an excuse to gush over what really caught my attention, which is this house:

It's known as the Abel Gabbard house. Just look at it. I have a soft spot for picturesque, delapidated houses, so now I feel an urge to move to some miserable place in Kentucky just to make this one habitable. It's what I imagine the villa of Pippi Longstocking looks like (at least there are plenty of porches for a horse to live on). And somehow the trees and the house harmonise perfectly. Fun fact: the house is actually older than the village itself: it was built in 1890. Anyway, back to you, Mindfullness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote