Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 02:44 PM   #801 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
For real your obnoxious neighbor can be right outside your window blasting AOR FM Radio and you can’t hear it at all even if you’re just listening to gentle ambient music on those things? I don’t exactly know how noise cancellation works but I never thought it was capable of that. I’ll definitely go in for a pair of those because I hate my neighbors so much just hearing them even for a second makes me want to get my revolver. Any reminder of their existence drives me nuts. So when you say right outside your window are talking you could lean out and spit on them close? I mean, how effective does this really shut out the rest of the audio world even if you’re listening to soft music? I’m not going to buy this and be like goddamnit I can still hear these ****ing ****s, am I? Because like Batlord said I just turn up whatever I’m listening to however loud it takes. I just use rubber earbuds that clog up your whole ear so that blocks a ****load of sound. Cheap little bastard but they sound good to me.

Sidenote: I hate the mic for talking on the phone ****. I don’t talk on the ****ing phone. That solves that one.
Roger on the mic. I don't remember the last time I phoned anyone.

And to address your skepticism - you're quite right. They don't vanquish the outside world entirely. They're 90% effective on the lower register, but you can still make out the sounds around you and derive the song that's playing from your general memory of AOR. And unfortunately, the tinny, crappy speakers neighbors of this nature tend to have generally favor the upper register so you have to deal with that.

They aren't magical headphones, just the best noise-cancellation headphones under the $100 price point. Based on the reviews I've read, the Bose QuietComfort series outperform these for cancellation. Nothing eliminates unwanted sound entirely.

But I'll take anything that masks it at all. And for that, I'm happy.

So far I've only been able to test music played off my server from floorspeakers in the room I'm in with and without other music being queued off the server through the headphones. The weather turned a bit so the neighbor has been indoors. The difference is noticeable but not pure silence.

I hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote