Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #75543 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I know you have reason not to really like me but at least I’ll admit it. You’re right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
It's slightly homophobic but really more so toxic masculinity. It's not really inferring that there is anything wrong with being gay, but more so it's about making the target seem "weak" by being dominated by the ding dong. If you look through the history of the joke it's typically me telling others to suck my ding dong. The act would make both of us gay. But it's only inferring inferiority to the one sucking the ding dong rather than the owner of the ding dong. If you, Adidasss, were to tell somebody to suck your ding dong it would have the same effect regardless of you being gay because it's not really about shaming homosexuality but rather shaming what is seen as a traditionally feminine role. It's not homophobia, it's misogynist. Except girls use the same joke and the effect is still there. So let's say WWWP told OH to suck her ding dong. OH would probably love to, he fantasizes about it I bet. Probably salivates from my mentioning of the idea of him sucking her ding dong. But it's still humiliating in the same way it would be if the ding dong was a penis. So it's not really about misogyny either. It's about domination. You see it in the animal kingdom where animals will mount each other to force one into humility before the other's strength. It's to say you are weaker than me. You are my proverbial bitch. I was going to retire my ding dong for my bunghole but upon further meditation, despite there being clear roots in homophobia and misogyny, I've realized that the joke nor it's intent are specifically homophobic enough to warrant a retirement nor outrage. I can't tell you what to be offended by though. So if it really REALLY bothers you even after all the breakdowns on the layers and subtleties of the joke, you can suck my ding dong from the back.
Wow, someone acknowledging another person's point on the internet, we must really be living in the end times.

@Lucem: I agree with you on the point that homophobia (and in turn the difference in the general perception of gay men and lesbians, who are considered less threatening and even titillating for the straight men) is rooted in misogyny, because why would a man replicate the role of a woman, the weaker, inferior sex?

But also, I have to point out that the way sucking dick was used in your original statement is different from the way you describe here above. The latter is about dominance first and foremost, while inferring a man is a habitual dick sucker and thus worthy of ridicule is rooted firmly in homophobia.

Anyways, thanks for the chat guys! Fun times!

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote