Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #261 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I think you misconstrued my reach advantage fist comment. I mean knocking out the other male competition. The consent portion was talking about pre-human **** which I tried to clarify.

No the bird thing is a lock. But how and why and when that came to be is a different discussion. Still though, it happens, there’s an evolutionary cause, and it perpetuates a distinction so point taken.

It’s not incumbent on me to offer a counter as to why men are taller because I’m saying we don’t know.

Even if we establish beyond a shadow of a doubt that modern women like dudes over 6”2 better than dudes under 5”7 that’s just a clue. Most sociobiological answers to questions have a wonderful advantage of being intuitive but just having a theory or a hypothesis is only the very first stage of the scientific process. And when it comes to genetics and the history of the genome it’s complicated af. Ideas that seem like they carry weight because it’s just common sense often don’t pan out under scientific scrutiny.

That’s all I got on this one.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree. The bird thing is a lock but not the human thing. Maybe we just don't like to look at ourselves in that way even though we're comfortable doing it with other species.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote