Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #2100 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I've used external hard drives and SyncToy for physical backups for years, and will usually upgrade to a new larger one every few years. I have one for my personal stuff, and one for work. I also have a 200GB Google Drive account, and a 2 TB DropBox account I use for sharing files from home/work and for sending links to larger files that won't fit through an email bottleneck.

As far as files not copying over, it might be that the files are too large for the flash drive, or the flash drive in question is formatted to FAT32 and needs to be reformatted to NTFS. FAT32 format will only save files under 4GB, so that's why some will appear to have been copied and others are missing.
Thanks Plankton. I actually have the drives formatted to EXFAT, then I changed to NTFS but same thing. They're probably just crap drives. They were very cheap - 10 Euro for a 512 GB one, so maybe just fool me once, and all that.

FYI I've found, so far anyway, an online backup service that claims to offer unlimited storage for 7.95/month. Trying it out for 15 days free, so far no problems. I have approx 18 tb to upload so it's going to take a hell of a long time, probably go over the free period, but by then I should know if it's going to be worth it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Ctrl+Shift+N while in a browser.
Thanks. I'll tell her. Appreciate it.