Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #75781 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I have not. Who is that?

Okay, well thanks for that. It does sort of screw the story up a little but I'm sure I can work around it. Here's the proposed opening paragraph:

"Grabbed off the street for doin' nothin' but mindin' my own business, thrown in the back of a van and bundled into a cage without even a trial. No my friends, this is not some dark vision of some dystopian future - this is America in the twenty-first century, where just takin' a leak (we all got to do that, right?) can have the Man down on you like a ton of bricks."

Still working on it. Haven't even got a title yet, maybe Inside Story? I want it to be something that hints at it being a prison without giving anything away, so not like A Dog's Tail or In-cur-cerated or anything like that. Inside Tale?
IMO I think you should lean in to the dystopian future fantasy part and make it vague so it's not the American prison system but just some generic dystopian future where they grab you by the neck and throw you straight into a cell like they do at the dog pound.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote