Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 08:38 AM   #75790 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Lets play "Who went to the worst rehab!" lol no lets not.

I've been through quite a few, actually. The one you're describing sounds a lot like a few of the ones I went through, but they were all there to help if you wanted it. If you are willing to go to any length to get clean, it doesn't matter what it "feels" like or what you think people see you as. Who tf cares. Focusing on those 'perceived' negatives only diminishes the positives. I just wanted to straighten my life out, not make an impression on the people around me. You have to either be brave enough to have that mindset, or you have to be at the end of your rope. I was the latter.

I've been through homelessness, many years of drug addiction, many rehabilitation systems, jail, and prison. Things gradually changed for the better when I finally stopped playing the victim and started taking responsibility for my actions. Finding out why I wanted to self medicate was a big part of that process, and you can do that anywhere.
Careful with that bootstrapping talk. You're likely to offend some delicate sensibilities.

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote