Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 01:12 AM   #585 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know you're not looking for advice but I imagine your own path you're going down is to drop him like a bad habit and I'm about that. He sounds toxic af.
Well, mainly it's just that I can't give you all a full detailed picture of him + our former friendship without having to go into stuff that's too private for a public forum such as this. So it'd be hard to give advice without that. But yes, I don't plan on remaining friends with him due to the constant (though maybe not even conscious on his behalf? He insists that it's not) emotional manipulation and jarring flip-flopping. Essentially he seems to think that it's virtually impossible for me to be as compatible and in sync etc (personality wise) as we once were with anyone but him. Solely because he cannot personally envision it or understand it. But then, he also melodramatically stated something like "I knew it (the idea of he and I being together in the end) was too good to be true. It doesn't fit my life narrative." as he tends to have a very defeatist, doom & gloom sort of outlook in general. It's just, when things do unfold in a less than ideal way in his life, he can't seem to see it objectively; he performs mental gymnastics to make it fit into his wildly unhealthy beliefs about the world and himself. And he doesn't get that I, actually, fully understand this way of thinking since I used to be the same way, minus the possessiveness over people, since I'm not really like that. Have never understood those who make another person their sole source of self-worth and self-confidence and reason for living.

But anyway I adopted a new kitty!!!! His name is Howie and he's a big giant baby (despite being 8-ish years old)