Music Banter - View Single Post - Chess
Thread: Chess
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I'd been thinking about getting seriously into chess for a while now but after watching the Queen's Gambit recently, which was obviously a pretty excellent show with lots of interesting chess discussion, I've begun really deeply investing into the hobby. And it's a remarkably cheap hobby to get into considering it yields basically a lifetime of entertainment and its infinite skill ceiling. I could study every day for the rest of my life and still not get even close to being the best. And that kind of thing is what excites me, it's a hobby that's easy to get into and could theoretically never leave me bored.

All you have to do to start playing is make an account at chess.com. You can play infinitely for free against either bots or real players. Personally I've invested the small fee required to gain access to all the analytical tools and lessons. Particularly the lessons have been amazing, I've learned a lot in a short period of time.

Hopefully someone else here is as interested in the game as I am. Currently I am complete garbage at the game but I'm learning more every day. I'll always be looking for more friendly practice partners.
Oh great now there's gonna be a smarmy white guy chess fad that's gonna ruin it for a generation.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote