Music Banter - View Single Post - What Sucks about This Artist?: Rolling Stones Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 11:55 PM   #81 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post
What sucks about The Rolling Stones?
Easy question, the answer is: Mick Jagger.
Not that he was a bad singer or songwriter, but his "I invented rock n' roll, babe" behaviour gets on my nerves every time i listen to The Rolling Stones. Don't get me wrong, they've got some great tunes, but Jagger was and still is so self conceited, that i can't stand him and I get annoyed with his music.
Trust me, "self conceited" gets on my nerves too. There are plenty artist I write off for the same reason. However I didn't get that from Mick. I just think of him as not talking himself too seriously and just goofing around singing. Even though he acts like he hot stuff he comes off as dorky. It's seems like all an act on stage, when he's not performing he seems like a regular bloke.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote