Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #77012 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yes. 50 cents less for better shipping.

Other seller = $4.50 for 1st class mail
You = $5 for ****tier shipping
Also you = $8 for 1st class mail

Sounds like you're gouging.
I already explained that we charge a flat $5 fee for anything domestic. Dude could have ordered 13 records for that. He only ordered a CD, which rarely happens, so my partner upgraded to first class because it's based on weight. First class actually costs more in postage. It's like going from $3.33 to $4.20. That other seller makes 30 cents to pay for packaging and handling. We charge $5 because our mailers cost us $1.20 each which leaves us with 53 cents profit that gets obliterated everytime someone orders more than one item. Weight goes up. Postage goes up.

You're not understanding the concept of shipping and handling. Also, there are thousands of sellers on discogs. I know a guy in Europe that ships to the US for 5 euro. No idea how he does it because it costs me $23.50 to ship there. He either takes a huge loss or he has a discounted shipping service.

Shipping charges aren't standardized. They're case by case depending on materials used.

Also, the ****tier shipping is the cheapest for the buyer, not for me. Once you go over 8 ounces, first class is out, media mail is available at $3.33 or you can go priority for like $7.60.

Do I lecture you on how to cook a ****ing whopper?

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote