Music Banter - View Single Post - POTUS 46: What do you want/expect/hope for/fear?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 05:09 PM   #104 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

What is your point, that govt jobs exist? My point is your entire economy can't just be building infrastructure and parks and ****. You need some form of industry for that to be sustainable long term. Otherwise who's buying the houses? Who's driving on the roads and where are they going? Infrastructure is a valuable investment insofar as it allows for commerce to take place. But without any industry there, that infrastructure project just becomes a money sink.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea. There could be something to it but it would have to serve some sort of purpose. Build a foundation for some sort of industry that can sustainably provide jobs into the future. I don't think farming is a good fit. I could be wrong but I don't think it's the best land for farming. Too mountainous. Maybe Christmas tree farms but that's all I can think of. Or indoor weed farms.

Tbh, thinking about it, the only thing I can think of is to make it some sort of tourist destination. The mountains themselves aren't quite enough for that. Maybe they could legalize gambling prostitution and weed and make it into a redneck Las Vegas in the mountains with skiing and all that. Dunno.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote