Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Good News" Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #96 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Raw ass DIY hip hop with underground origins that mostly only resonates with deep dish fans.
I'm still failing to understand how the Eagles are in that family. To me they come across was a very polished and somewhat generic form of classic rock.

Quote:
Yeah. I mean I can’t argue with taste. Also, you don’t get on a pedestal and say they’re trash. You just say you don’t like them. I understand that.

I think they have good songs that everyone should be able to enjoy but you’re not like hey listen Hawk I can tell you what’s what.

Plus, I always respect where you come from with hip hop because the artists you like always have a gritty genuine feel to their music. When you post a YouTube link I always listen.

I think you like what you like and I also like what you like. There’s a difference between saying I find the Eagles boring and saying the Eagles are boring. I’d probably be disappointed if you liked the Eagles because it’s not your way and I respect that.
I think possibly they have some nostalgic value for you that say Tupac or No Limit have for me.

Where as bands like the Eagles I associate with my early childhood hearing it at bbqs and on classic rock stations. That was long before I was at all interested in music, so part of the problem is that long before I could appreciate music, I had already heard Hotel California 20,000 times and it was already old, stale, boring. Basically my parents music. Plus I'm just not generally into the kinds of long sentimental classic rock ballads they have. Desperadooooo... I know I'm meant to feel something but I'm ****ing falling asleep over here here

Its like stairway to heaven.. I couldn't possibly be more bored if I tried

I get a similar thing with songs like Free Bird but as far as southern rock goes, I'd take skynyrd over the eagles any day. The beef between them and Neil Young was hilarious. Speaking of which Neil Young is one of the goats to me.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote