Music Banter - View Single Post - Planktons - What The Hell Am I Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #102 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Remembering Lloyd, Part 3:

In 2012 my lady friend was diagnosed with cancer. She went through a few months of chemo and would be drained and just generally miserable all the while trying to live life as best she could under the circumstances. One day she decided to head over to Lloyds with me to listen to the evenings jam session, which happened every once in a while, but this was to get her out of the house and lift her spirits a bit. At some point in the evening Lloyd came out from somewhere in his house holding a box. He handed it to my lady friend and grinningly explained that "This is a box of smiles for you". It was just a decorative box, but the meaning behind it was so priceless and beautiful, and that was just how Lloyd was, always trying to help people out in the most interesting ways. Years later, when Lloyd was going through dialysis, and my lady friend had had a clean bill of health for quite a few years, she offered the Box Of Smiles back to him. He respectfully declined the generous offer and explained that it was her actual smiles that kept him in a happy place, and because of that he didn't require such things. She keeps it close to her heart and will always cherish that memory.