Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #231 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
so, was i happy about finding long range missles in Iraq, yes. was i happy about the amount of resources, lives, and money that it costed, No. can i sleep easier at night knowing that Iraq doesnt have these weapons (by the way, can you post something on this because, unless im wrong, i have only known the following :The U.N. inspectors swarming over Iraq's missile industry found an infraction last week: The short-range Al Samoud 2 sometimes flies a few miles farther than allowed. But the experts have reported no sign of any longer-range missiles that could strike Israel or neighboring oil nations as Washington fears.), well i cant sleep easier because i know that there are many many other countries and terrorist groups that have REAL TANGIBLE weapons of mass destruction. that thought is what keeps me up at night. my only real hope is that this president can be taken out of office before its to late to take action on this.
The fact is, Congress voted to go to war. And if you think that Congress voted to go to war just because of what our President stated, I think you are foolish. Congress thought Hussein was a threat, with nuclear weapons (which still, he probably had if not given the almost year of time in which we just told him we were going to attack) or without them. If Congress feels bad about the war now, they can stop it. CONGRESS CAN STOP A WAR AT ANY TIME. Of course, you, Mr. "The Constitution isn't Important" wouldn't know. Congress is responsible for all spending. They can completely stop funding the war, and the war will stop.

I believe that North Korea is a problem. But we are trying to depend on China for help in that situation. China does not like us, and does not want us anywhere NEAR North Korea. That is a very iffy situation. But I do agree, North Korea is a threat.