Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #232 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by franscar
So who should they ask to choose the American president then? Sort of worries me if Americans themselves don't have enough faith in each other's intelligence to choose the man who has to keep the world free of nuclear war.
The people should vote for President, America is a Democratic Republic and most likely will be for a very long time. But see my last paragraph for an interesting thought.

On the 35%...I'd say that a majority of non-voters are from that 35% who don't know who wrote the Constitution. So they don't play too important of a role.

But in US History class we had an interesting discussion. If a President loses the election (especially a President as popular with the military as Bush)...who is to make him leave office? He is still the Commander-in-Chief, control of the armed services. If he took control of the troops, who is going to make him leave? It's an interesting thought to just think about in the middle of all this debate.